Saturday, 10 August 2013

WECOOK4U Melbourne - Italian Cooking class


Fun evening but not too hands on.  A great introduction to basics like making fresh pasta, fruit sauces and ricotta filling. Plus playing with mashed potato to make duchess potatoes - one of my must make dishes,  sadly its very 1970's, but could make a come back. Anyway the group of 20 had a great time interacting and talking food. I have since tried a variation on the saltamboucha we cooked and all the advice proved correct:

heat the oil before adding the food and 
balance the salt in everything and nothing tastes too salty

So a highly recommended intro to Italian cooking, if I had a large kitchen and dining room I would definitely consider Roscoe and Daniel to prep and serve a dinner party, a special occasion like a major anniversary or party. And they are happy to have boozer guests watch the tricks of the trade!  

Just one issue to raise - a little snack would seriously have helped, by the time food was in front of me I was ravenous and badly contained my appetite to make a qualified comment on taste and texture, I just wanted food.  A little nibble to go with drinks would seriously have helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment